Wenatchee Valley Dispute Resolution Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is seeking candidates to expand our team and advance our mission of changing relationships through peaceful conflict resolution.
WVDRC staff work closely, jointly, and supportively with the Executive Director and volunteers to effectively support and nurture conflict resolution programs and services.
A position with WVDRC is an ideal opportunity for a thoughtful, systems minded, organized, and experienced individual who believes wholeheartedly in our mission and is committed to working collaboratively to strengthen our organization.
We are currently looking for a competent Program Assistant to undertake a variety of program support tasks. You will help in organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties. To be an excellent program assistant, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams, and able to work a flexible schedule.
• Assist the Executive Director and other staff by performing a variety of duties in support of program implementation and activities • Research, compile, record, or otherwise gather data or information and prepare reports with information necessary for decision-making
• Use software applications for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics, or scheduling to maintain and develop program communication, materials, and reports
• Maintain and follow established policies and procedures for sensitive information and program implementation
• Manage and respond to incoming communications via phone or email in support of volunteers, community partners, media relations, social media etc.
• Help build positive relations within the team and external parties
o Respond to and refer inquiries
o Greet program participants and volunteers
o Provide assistance and information to public
o Provide scheduling and agenda support for staff, volunteers, and program participants
• Coordinate meetings and events, including event planning, set-up, and execution.
• Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
• Support organization growth and program development
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proven experience as program assistant, event coordinator, or relevant position
• Tech savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suites
• Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Detail-oriented and efficient • AA or BS/BA degree preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish encouraged
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The position is based in an office environment but requires travel to events and errands including outreach, training, community networking, and meetings. There is frequent contact with the public in a variety of ways including in-person, phone/email/virtual, indoors, and outdoors. Some travel out of Wenatchee may be required for program needs or training. Some evening and weekend work required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to sit at a computer for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; bend and reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
Hours: Part-time or Full-time Wage: $20-23/hour
Benefits: Simple IRA option with 3% company match and PTO (paid time off)
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Wenatchee Valley DRC believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit our employees nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the company.
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Jennifer Talbot, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the subject line: Job Application (YOUR NAME) www.wvdrc.org