Diamond Foundry Inc. is solving the thermal limitation at the foundation of today's most exciting tech industries -- AI & cloud compute, electric-car power electronics, and 5G/6G wireless. We have managed to produce the world's first single-crystal diamond wafers and are now on a mission to put a diamond behind every chip. We are the rare unicorn that has grown fast and profitably. We received $515m in funding and are executing a multi-$B expansion plan for one of the greenest forms of tech manufacturing: converting greenhouse gas into diamond wafers using zero-emission energy.
We are looking for a Facilities Technician to support a full scope of operations in running and maintaining facilities systems. You'll be working with an experienced team of process engineers, and maintenance technicians locally and collaborating with mechanical, electrical, and software engineers in San Francisco. This position is expected to train on the day shift for the first few months and then move to the swing/ night shift.
The typical salary range for this position is $25.00 - $30.00 per hour. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to a candidate’s job duties, experience, and expertise.
The job will be hands-on, installing and maintaining facilities in a manufacturing environment. You’ll:
- Perform preventive maintenance, and basic equipment repairs, and assist with corrective maintenance on mechanical/HVAC equipment (CDA compressors, DI water, process cooling water systems, process gas supply system, UPS system, exhaust and make-up air system, etc.)
- Perform daily checklists, walk-thru and take readings to ensure equipment is operating normally following SOPs and work instructions
- Assist other equipment maintenance and diamond production when necessary
- Daily and punctual attendance at the job site is required
- Writing procedures and checklists, assisting and training maintenance
A qualified candidate will have a subset of these skills:
- High School diploma or possession of a GED Certificate.
- 3+ years of hands-on facilities experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic data analysis and visualization experience (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience in a semiconductor or other device manufacturing environment is a big plus.
- Experience with typical electrical lab equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, power meters).
- Ability to read control schematics and P&ID drawings.
$25 - $30 an hour
Diamond Foundry believes in supporting our employees from the workplace to their personal and home life. We provide eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Perks include employee discounts to VRAI and catered lunches for onsite staff. All benefits offered are available starting your first day.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Diamond Foundry Inc. is committed to operating in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Our commitment extends to ensuring that our manufacturing and engineering departments adhere to the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance. Additionally, these departments may have specific physical requirements to ensure the safety and efficiency of our operations. We prioritize the well-being of our employees and strive to create a work environment that promotes both legal compliance and the optimal functioning of our manufacturing and engineering processes.
Manufacturing and Engineering Departments Physical Requirements:
-Use appropriate PPE and follow all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
-This position will often: Sit, stand for long periods, walk, grasp, reach with hands and arms, lift below and above shoulders, bend, twist at the waist, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, see, use fine finger manipulation, and complete repetitive motions.
-Some tasks may require the use of ladders or stairs
-Some tasks may require driving or the use of foot controls
-Lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pound
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.