Diamond Foundry Inc. is solving the thermal limitation at the foundation of today's most exciting tech industries -- AI & cloud compute, electric-car power electronics, and 5G/6G wireless. We have managed to produce the world's first single-crystal diamond wafers and are now on a mission to put a diamond behind every chip. We are the rare unicorn that has grown fast and profitably. We received $515m in funding and are executing a multi-$B expansion plan for one of the greenest forms of tech manufacturing: converting greenhouse gas into diamond wafers using zero-emission energy.
We are currently seeking an experienced Equipment Engineer to join our team. This work will span multiple engineering disciplines as you join a team of experienced mechanical, electrical, and materials engineers and scientists. You will help keep equipment running well and be responsible for taking improvement projects from concept to fully tested, documented, and implemented solutions.
- Improve existing equipment designs by identifying areas for improvement then plan and execute upgrades and retrofits to improve tool reliability, reduce variation, and expand process capabilities.
- Build, install, upgrade, and troubleshoot plasma reactors.
- Troubleshoot industrial control/electrical systems including power supplies, controllers, sensors, PLC’s, fieldbus communication, and other devices.
- Bachelor's degree in ME, EE, ChemE or similar from an ABET-accredited school.
- Independent problem solver.
- Hands-on experience designing, testing, deploying, and troubleshooting equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated safety leadership.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
A qualified candidate will have a subset of these skills:
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD (AutoCAD, Solidworks)
- Able to use and modify scripts written in SQL and Python.
- Experience with typical electrical lab equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, power meters, frequency analyzer).
- Knowledge of UHV vacuum manufacturing equipment and associated sensors and components (Pumps, valves, pressure sensors, spectrometers, MFC's, pressure controllers, pyrometers, etc.).
$70,000 - $125,000 a year
This position is eligible for company shares. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to a candidate’s job duties, experience, and expertise. We will also consider higher-level candidates and salary will be adjusted accordingly.
Diamond Foundry believes in supporting our employees from the workplace to their personal and home life. We provide eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Perks include employee discounts to VRAI and catered lunches for onsite staff. All benefits offered are available starting your first day.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Diamond Foundry Inc. is committed to operating in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Our commitment extends to ensuring that our manufacturing and engineering departments adhere to the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance. Additionally, these departments may have specific physical requirements to ensure the safety and efficiency of our operations. We prioritize the well-being of our employees and strive to create a work environment that promotes both legal compliance and the optimal functioning of our manufacturing and engineering processes.
Manufacturing and Engineering Departments Physical Requirements:
-Use appropriate PPE and follow all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
-This position will often: Sit, stand for long periods, walk, grasp, reach with hands and arms, lift below and above shoulders, bend, twist at the waist, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, see, use fine finger manipulation, and complete repetitive motions.
-Some tasks may require the use of ladders or stairs
-Some tasks may require driving or the use of foot controls
-Lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pound
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.