Equipment Build Technician
Diamond Foundry Inc. is solving the thermal limitation at the foundation of today's most exciting tech industries -- AI & cloud compute, electric-car power electronics, and 5G/6G wireless. We have managed to produce the world's first single-crystal diamond wafers and are now on a mission to put a diamond behind every chip. We are the rare unicorn that has grown fast and profitably. We received $515m in funding and are executing a multi-$B expansion plan for one of the greenest forms of tech manufacturing: converting greenhouse gas into diamond wafers using zero-emission energy.
The Equipment Build Team is looking for new technicians to build, install, and troubleshoot CVD Plasma Reactors. You'll be working with an experienced team of Engineers and Technicians both locally and nationally. Our mission is to build new Plasma Reactors in the Reactor Build Center, here in Wenatchee, WA. We will then ship them, for installation, to our facilities in WA and Spain. This position requires standing, kneeling, reaching, climbing ladders, and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs as required to build equipment. Some tasks require PPE and safe handling practices of chemicals.
- Building equipment modules and sub-assemblies in the Reactor Build Center
- Troubleshooting for industrial control/electrical systems including high-voltage power supplies, controllers, sensors, pumps, PLCs, valves, and other devices
- Working on multidisciplinary teams to solve complicated problems
- Maintain a safe working environment on and around the production floor.
- 2+ years of hands-on industrial experience
- Experience with manufacturing equipment
- Good troubleshooting skills (electronics)Read and understand technical documents, schematics, wiring diagrams
- Basic computer skills such as data entry in spreadsheets, filling out online checklists
Preferred skills (but not required):
- 2-year technical degree, certificate, or military technical background in mechanical, electrical, equipment, systems, or other related fields
- Experience with semiconductor equipment and CVD reactors
- Able to read, write, and speak both Spanish and English proficiently
- Assembly, and troubleshooting high vacuum systems; including leak detection
- Experience troubleshooting a variety of electrical systems from three-phase AC power to low-voltage DC board-level signals
$24 - $35 an hour
Diamond Foundry believes in supporting our employees from the workplace to their personal and home life. We provide eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Perks include employee discounts to VRAI and catered lunches for onsite staff. All benefits offered are available starting your first day.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Diamond Foundry Inc. is committed to operating in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Our commitment extends to ensuring that our manufacturing and engineering departments adhere to the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance. Additionally, these departments may have specific physical requirements to ensure the safety and efficiency of our operations. We prioritize the well-being of our employees and strive to create a work environment that promotes both legal compliance and the optimal functioning of our manufacturing and engineering processes.
Manufacturing and Engineering Departments Physical Requirements:
-Use appropriate PPE and follow all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
-This position will often: Sit, stand for long periods, walk, grasp, reach with hands and arms, lift below and above shoulders, bend, twist at the waist, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, see, use fine finger manipulation, and complete repetitive motions.
-Some tasks may require the use of ladders or stairs
-Some tasks may require driving or the use of foot controls
-Lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pound
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.