Diamond Foundry Inc. is solving the thermal limitation at the foundation of today's most exciting tech industries -- AI & cloud compute, electric-car power electronics, and 5G/6G wireless. We have managed to produce the world's first single-crystal diamond wafers and are now on a mission to put a diamond behind every chip. We are the rare unicorn that has grown fast and profitably. We received $515m in funding and are executing a multi-$B expansion plan for one of the greenest forms of tech manufacturing: converting greenhouse gas into diamond wafers using zero-emission energy.
This position reports to the Washington State EHS Manager and is a designated safety and health resource within the Diamond Foundry Safety & Health Program. The position is responsible for assisting in the development, administration, and implementation of policies, programs, and best practices to ensure compliance with applicable safety and health standards at all facilities in the state of Washington.
- Conduct routine safety inspections and audits of the workplace to identify potential hazards, comply with safety regulations, and recommend corrective actions.
- Assist in the development and delivery of safety training programs for employees to promote awareness and adherence to safety protocols.
- Promptly report and investigate workplace incidents and accidents, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and corrective measures are implemented.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Review procedures to ensure all aspects of safety are covered.
- 3+ years experience in an EHS role.
- Bachelor's Degree in EHS, engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DOSH, NFPA, IBC, IFC, and similar regulatory standards and best practices.
- EHS experience working in the semiconductor or manufacturing industry is strongly preferred.
- Based at the Diamond Foundry Wenatchee, WA site with visits to other DF sites in the Wenatchee Valley
$60,000 - $90,000 a year
The position is eligible for company shares. Actual compensation may be higher or lower in the range based on various factors, including, but not limited to a candidate’s job duties, experience, and location. We will also consider higher-level candidates and salary will be adjusted accordingly.
Diamond Foundry believes in supporting our employees from the workplace to their personal and home life. We provide eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. Perks include employee discounts to VRAI and catered lunches for onsite staff. All benefits offered are available starting your first day.
Diamond Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Diamond Foundry Inc. is committed to operating in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Our commitment extends to ensuring that our manufacturing and engineering departments adhere to the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance. Additionally, these departments may have specific physical requirements to ensure the safety and efficiency of our operations. We prioritize the well-being of our employees and strive to create a work environment that promotes both legal compliance and the optimal functioning of our manufacturing and engineering processes.
Manufacturing and Engineering Departments Physical Requirements:
-Use appropriate PPE and follow all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
-This position will often: Sit, stand for long periods, walk, grasp, reach with hands and arms, lift below and above shoulders, bend, twist at the waist, climb, balance, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, talk, hear, see, use fine finger manipulation, and complete repetitive motions.
-Some tasks may require the use of ladders or stairs
-Some tasks may require driving or the use of foot controls
-Lift/carry and push/pull up to 50 pound
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.