Stanley Civic Center
123 N. Wenatchee Avenue
Wenatchee, WA 98801
Executive Director Job Posting
Posting Date: February 1, 2024 Closing Date: Feb 29, 2024
The Numerica Performing Arts Center (Numerica PAC) is the region's leading performing arts center. We celebrate our 25 year anniversary in 2025. The Numerica PAC is a well respected 501c(3) nonprofit, recognized by many as a critical component to the fabric of what makes the region so attractive to live, work and play. The Numerica PAC has talented staff that excel at the production of events and shows and its physical infrastructure is impressive for the size of our community. The mission-driven Numerica
Performing Arts Center board of directors seeks a leader and entrepreneur to maintain and enhance the
Numerica PAC as a premier performing arts center serving the North Central Washington region. The executive director will be the Numerica PAC's chief executive officer, reporting to the board. Candidates must have experience managing a team of employees, leading successful fundraising campaigns and have extensive business or nonprofit management experience and appreciation for the performing arts is a plus.
About the Organization:
The 553-seat Numerica Performing Arts Center, located in the vibrant, rural city of Wenatchee, WA, opened its doors in 2000. 38,000 patrons annually attend events at the Numerica PAC, which included approximately 60 facility rentals, 30 touring shows booked by the Numerica PAC, and three in-house productions offered in partnership with various community organizations. The Numerica PAC was occupied over 250 days out of the year. The Numerica PAC is a nonprofit organization funded through both earned income and private contributions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate must be able to perform the essential duties, with or without accommodation in the following areas:
Leadership, Management and Arts Programming Planning - Manage all aspects of a regional performing arts center; Implement the strategic plan; foster effective teamwork among the board, staff, contractors, and volunteers. Mentor and work with community arts groups in the development of cultural and artistic opportunities
Operational Planning and Management - Develop an annual work plan for implementation of the board-approved strategic plan, ensuring compliance with state and federal law; Oversee efficient and effective day-to-day operations for long-term viability and sustainability.
Human Resources Planning and Management - Determine all staffing requirements within budget for organizational and facility management, fund development, and program delivery; supervise, discipline, develop, and evaluate the performance of staff using legally defensible procedures; Recommend candidates to the board for hiring and terminations.
Financial Planning and Management - Maintain the financial health of the organization based on standards set by the board; Administer funds of the Numerica PAC according to the approved budget; plan for and monitor monthly cash flow to meet operational needs as well as long-term investment and sustainability goals.
Fundraising and Development - Development and execution of revenue-generating strategies that may include or contribute to annual memberships, sponsorships, donor development, major gifts, and endowment programs.
Public Relations and Outreach - Oversee the development of marketing and public relations plans that engage the community and promote the Numerica PAC's programs and services while cultivating strategic relationships with key stakeholders, including facility users, community arts organizations, the City of Wenatchee, donors, media, volunteers, and others.
Working Conditions & Salary - The executive director is a full-time, exempt employee with a competitive salary package, ($80,000 - $100,000) based on experience, plus health and retirement benefits.
The position reports to the Board of Directors and works in an office and theater environment, but duties will require travel and work in non-traditional work environments as appropriate. Must be able to traverse short distances and ascend/descend stairs regularly. May require evening hours and weekend work during busy seasons.
Qualifications- A Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Performing Arts Management, Nonprofit management, Communications, or another related field, or the equivalent experience. The Executive
Director must have management experience in the nonprofit or for-profit sector. The Executive Director will have demonstrated success in;
1) financial affairs and budgeting of an organization, and in the creation of a long term financially sustainable business model;
2) government, civic and community relationships and in community outreach and engagement;
3) superb interpersonal skills necessary to inspire and lead a diverse staff and volunteers.
Submit a resume and cover letter to Indeed.com. In your cover letter address the following four questions.
Upon receipt of your application, we will send you a detailed copy of the job description.
● IGNITE PASSION: We wholeheartedly dedicate ourselves to every endeavor, going above and beyond with enthusiasm! We bring authentic love for our mission into every discussion, decision, and project we take on.
● BUILD COMMUNITY: Community connection is the heart of everything we do. We craft artistic experiences with the needs of our community at the center, creating a safe place for everyone to call home.
● INCLUDE EVERYONE: We believe that art is for all people and we listen deeply to the needs of everyone we serve. We provide a vast array of diverse experiences where we all can see ourselves reflected on the stage.
● SHARE JOY: We create moments where everyone can share unbridled joy with their family, friends, and neighbors. Whether it’s seeing a world-renowned artist or watching a local kid’s first time on stage, we all experience the transcendent feeling of connection that only art can provide.
● CHANGE LIVES: We exist to enrich the lives of everyone who walks through our doors. Through innovation, collaboration, and an unrelenting dedication to quality, we create impactful experiences that will live on for generations to come.
1. The Numerica PAC has recently identified their core values. How specifically will you support and implement the core values in your daily work and with your staff?
2. Like almost every performing arts facility, the Numerica PAC must annually grow its revenue and carefully manage its expenses. Which skill set comes easier for you - growing revenue or managing expenses and why? Cite examples from your experience please.
3. What are the key strategies an Executive Director must do in order for the Numerica PAC to continue to be sustainable in the long run?
4. 2025 is the 25th anniversary of the Numerica Performing Arts Center. What strategies will you use to leverage this event for the benefit of the Numerica PAC?
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year