Business Services Navigator
POSITION: Business Services Navigator
AREA: Chelan, Douglas, Grant, Adams & Okanogan Counties
OFFICE: 240 N. Mission, Wenatchee, Washington
SALARY RANGE: $5208 - $6510 per month
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time Exempt Employment
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
Representing the SkillSource Regional Workforce Board, the Business Services Navigator will lead efforts to engage and outreach to a diverse range of employers, career seekers, community organizations and stakeholders to communicate workforce development activities and strategies in Chelan, Douglas, Grant, Adams and Okanogan Counties of Washington State.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to provide outreach, engagement and support to help businesses identify and access existing state and local systems and solutions that can help their company succeed.
This position is responsible for providing a range of personnel and training services to business customers. This includes, but is not limited to: building business customer relationships, designing employee training, providing hiring and training technical assistance to employers, developing training opportunities of new and existing employees, negotiating and writing training contracts and connecting them with local partner resources.
This position is grant funded for 1-2 years, but has the potential to subsequently convert to a regular position.
1. Support recruitment, placement, and retention of employees at North Central Washington businesses with a focus on Black, Indigenous, and Hispanic owned or operated businesses. This may include connecting them with customized workforce training programs, community college and other career connected programs. Provide training and employment opportunities developed through business partnerships.2. Help businesses successfully recruit and retain talented individuals who may need support with barriers to employment.
3. Serve as a conduit between employers and the many programs available to serve them.4. Work with SkillSource Career & Training Specialists, Communications Specialist and other partner staff to coordinate and communicate available employer services.
5. Help support employers to utilize various tools and grants such as Economic Security for All (EcSA), customized workforce training programs through the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) system, Career Connect WA, Job Skills & Customized Training, Impact WA, Commerce sector leads and others.6. Assist small businesses to refine their approach to hiring entry level workers, develop upskill/backfill strategies, internships, on-the-job training, employee skills training and other career training service, as well as connections with apprenticeship opportunities.
7. Regularly contact and meet with employers to develop training opportunities and promote SkillSource services; Makes multimedia presentations.8. Work with the SkillSource and Area business services teams and communications team to fashion creative opportunities such as outreach events and/or opportunities that:
- Build artistic and music expression and/or artistic and cultural tools into strategies to foster interest in high wage careers and/or to inform youth about careers in legal services, violence prevention, consulting, and other careers.
- Utilize restorative justice and healing-centered approaches to case management and systems navigation.
- Create early workforce development pipelines that show youth how jobs can be enjoyable and benefit the community.
- Orchestrate cultural events serving the dual purposes of offering employment opportunities to youth, providing fun, outreach activities for the community, such as concerts.
10. Develop training contracts when appropriate; negotiate and write training contracts; facilitate employer orientations and communicate program activity rules and regulations.11. Consistently provide follow-up assistance to employers and customers who have been placed into a training activity or unsubsidized employment. Regularly travels to training sites for follow-up and monitoring purposes.
12. Consistently enters and maintains employer data in management information systems and web-based applications; operates several computer applications.
Requirements, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience in a business engagement profession
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Advanced computer skills and experience in Windows operating system, Microsoft Office products
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient command of English. Spanish language proficiency highly desired.
- Sharp attention to detail with a strong ability to multitask
- Must be able to work under regular deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across multiple teams
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Providing technical assistance individually and in a group setting.
- Interviewing and effective interaction with industry professionals, community leaders and policy makers
- Giving presentations, speaking publicly and facilitating meetings
- Researching, gathering and analyzing statistics, numeric, written and other information
- Establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relations with SkillSource, administrative staff, service delivery staff and business representatives
Bachelor degree in related field such as training and development, business, marketing, communications, personnel administration, human resources or other related field and three years of job experience in a business setting that demonstrates the ability to perform the major functions of the job; OR Possess a combination of education and direct job experience that clearly demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to be present on a regular, reliable, and routine basis. The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the Job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Work is performed mostly indoors in an office setting with some travel locally and travel throughout North Central Washington.
Computer, phone, scanner, calculator, projector, copier, and camera
Personal transportation, valid Washington State Driver’s License and current automobile insurance.
Completed application cover letter and resume required. To apply, complete application and upload cover letter and resume online at https://www.skillsource.org/employment. Position open until filled.
SKILLSOURCE - 240 N. Mission, Wenatchee, WA 98801, 509-663-3091, WA Relay 711
SkillSource is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. WA Relay 711.